WSQ Mobility and Ambulation Assistance in Nursing (Level 2)
- Duration: 2 days
- CPD Points: ---
To equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to assist in ambulation, mobilisation, positioning and transfer of stable patients.
Available Dates in 2024:
The course is targeted at learners who intend to seek a career switch, new entrants to the healthcare industry; and industry workers who seek certification to upgrade themselves. This course aims to satisfy the healthcare industry needs of skilled workforce in the pre-hospital care sector. It prepares learners to be emergency medical technicians or ambulance medic. This course, WSQ Statement of Attainment in Mobility and Ambulation Assistance in Nursing (Level 2) aims to equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to function as a member of a medical/healthcare team in providing mobility and ambulation assistance to patients.
GCE 'N' Level or WpLN Level 4
For Company Sponsored Trainees
- The trainee must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- The Trainee must attend 100% of the course, complete the assessment with a competent result.
- COSEM reserves the right to charge full course fee in the event that the trainee fails to achieve 75% attendance and pass the assessment, or when companies fail to submit funding applications to SSG within the stipulated time.
- Other terms and conditions stated on SSG website https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/-/media/Amended-SFC-TPs-TCs-030517_v1.pdf
- Be Advised
- Mode Of Assessment
- Funding Information
- Lunch and tea breaks will be provided
- 20 participants per class (min no. 5 pax required to commence each class)
- Environmental factors in relation to prevention of falls
- Organisational workplace safety and health procedures
- Fall prevention strategies and approaches
- Basic structure and functions of the musculoskeletal system
- Factors affecting mobility and ambulation
- Organisational procedures for safe lifting, transferring and positioning of patients
- Techniques in safe lifting, transferring and positioning of patients
- Types, functions and uses of mobility aids, support and devices
- Assess patients for level of assistance required on mobility and ambulation prevention strategies
- Assess environments for any obstructions
- Support the patients’ use of adaptive devices for safe mobility and ambulation as
- Apply precautionary measures to prevent fall incidences
- Check equipment and items required are functioning before patient transfers
- Perform safe lifting, transferring and positioning of stable patients in accordance with organisational policies
Practical performance and oral questioning. course duration 2 days, number of hours is 12hr 30 min.