WSQ Management of Pre-hospital Emergency Care - 5 Days
- Duration: 5 days
- CPD Points: ---
To equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to recognize and respond to medical emergencies, use medical equipment and activate emergency response systems.
The course is targeted at learners who intend to seek a career switch, new entrants to the healthcare industry; and industry workers who seek certification to upgrade themselves. This course aims to satisfy the healthcare industry needs of skilled workforce in the pre-hospital care sector. It prepares learners to be emergency medical technician or ambulance medic. This course, WSQ Statement of Attainment in Management of Pre Hospital Emergency Care aims to equip learners with practical skills and underlying knowledge of providing pre-hospital care to patient.
GCE 'N' Level or WpLN Level 4
For Company Sponsored Trainees
- The trainee must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- The Trainee must attend 100% of the course, complete the assessment with a competent result.
- COSEM reserves the right to charge full course fee in the event that the trainee fails to achieve 75% attendance and pass the assessment, or when companies fail to submit funding application to SSG within the stipulated time.
- Other terms and conditions stated on SSG website https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/-/media/Amended-SFC-TPs-TCs-030517_v1.pdf
Available Dates In 2022:
Available Dates In 2023:
|25-31 Jan||6-10 Mar||2-5 May||17-21 Jul||2-9 Oct||21-27 Nov|
- Be Advised
- Mode Of Assessment
- Funding Information
Lunch and tea breaks will be provided.
Capacity per class: 20 participants with a minimum number of 4 required to commence each class
- Types of medical emergency situations, including trauma and medical emergencies
- Response to emergencies, including Patient Assessment Model, spinal precaution, first aid, etc.
- Signs and symptoms of deteriorating health conditions including bradycardia, hypotension, shock and cardiac arrest.
- Basic structure and functions of the different biological systems
- One-man cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rescue breathing.
- Techniques to operate “First-aid” automated external defibrillator
- Safety guidelines in automated external defibrillator operation and delivery.
- Emergency care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation protocol
- Oral Question
- Practical Performance
Certification Obtained: A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to successful participants.
Course Duration: No. of hours: 32 hours 40 min (40 min: Assessment, 32 hours: classroom)
Self-sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above can also use their SkillsFuture Credit (S$500) from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the MySkillsFuture website (https://www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.