WSQ Infection Control (Level 2)
- Duration: 2 Days
- CPD Points: ---
This Technical Skills & Competencies module: Infection Control (Level 2) is designed to enable the participant to function as a member of a medical/healthcare team to provide support in the maintenance of organisation’s infection prevention and control processes.
Available Dates in 2024:
The course is targeted at learners who intend to seek a career switch, new entrants to the healthcare industry; and industry workers who seek certification to upgrade themselves. This course aims to satisfy the healthcare industry needs of skilled workforce in the pre-hospital care sector. It prepares learners to be emergency medical technician or ambulance medic.
GCE 'N' Level or WpLN Level 4
For Company Sponsored Trainees
- The trainee must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- The Trainee must attend 100% of the course, complete the assessment with a competent result.
- COSEM reserves the right to charge full course fee in the event that the trainee fails to achieve 75% attendance and pass the assessment, or when companies fail to submit funding applications to SSG within the stipulated time.
- Other terms and conditions stated on SSG website https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/-/media/Amended-SFC-TPs-TCs-030517_v1.pdf
- Be Advised
- Mode Of Assessment
- Funding Information
- Other Information
- Lunch and tea breaks will be provided
- Venue: COSEM Training Centre
37 Gul Avenue Singapore 629677
- Capacity per class: 20 participants
- Guidelines and principles infection control
- Hand hygiene/surgical hand wash procedures
- Sterilisation and disinfection procedures
- Management of biohazard materials
- General and hazardous waste management
- Types of precautions related to infection control
- Sterile techniques for interventions within area of practice
- Environmental cleaning procedures
Mode of Assessment
- Oral Question
- Practical Performance
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to successful participants.
No. of hours: 8 hours 30 min(30 min: Assessment, 4 hours: classroom, 4 hours: online)
Training conducted at COSEM (Address: 37, Gul Avenue, Singapore 629677)