WSQ Respond to Fire & Hazmat Emergency in Industries (3 Day)
CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire & HazMat Emergency in Industries - 3 Days - 30 CPD Points awarded - 8 SDU Points awarded
To prepare CERT members with the knowledge and skills to handle fire hazards (identify hazards and prevent fires from occurring) and mitigate outbreak of incident fire and hazmat incident in the plant. The training includes practical training sessions and exercises.
- FM Regulations
- Emergency Response Plan (ERP) & CERT Audit Guidelines
- Fire Extinguisher (Theory & Practical)
- Fire Alarm & Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Emergency First Aid (Theory & Practical)
- Fire Hazards & Evacuation Procedures
- Rescue Technique (Theory & Practical)
- Introduction to Breathing Apparatus
- BA Wearer Procedure and Confidence Training (Practical Training)
- Introduction to Hose & Hose Laying Technique (Practical Training)
- Fire Fighting Exercise
- Hazard Identification & Information System
- Hazmat Operational Decontamination Procedures
- Hazmat Personal Protective Equipment (Practical Training)
- Hazmat Mitigation (Theory, Practical & Exercise)
Who Should Attend
CERT, Fire Safety Officers and other staff who are the first to respond to fire fighting and mitigation of hazardous materials emergenices in the industrial premises.
Participant is required to fill-up a Self-Assessment Checklist and Fitness Declaration Form (see Form A below), if he/she intends to attend the 2-day or 3-day CERT course. This form must be submitted to COSEM 2 weeks before the course commencement date.
Please download the forms below:
For Company Sponsored
- Trainee must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- The Trainee must attend 100% of the course, complete the assessment with a competent result.
- Application from company for training grant must be submitted to SkillsConnect within 30 days from the course commencement date.
- COSEM reserves the right to charge full course fee in the event that the trainee fails to achieve 75% attendance and pass the assessment, or when companies fail to submit funding application to SSG within stipulated time.
- More information for funding, please click here.
- Other terms and conditions stated on SSG website https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/termsandconditions
Self-sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above can also use their SkillsFuture Credit (S$500) from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course Reference Number in Skillsconnect:
Mode of Assessment
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Practical Performance
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to successful participants.
- No. of Training Days: 3 Days
- No. of hours: 24 hours (3 hours: Assessment, 21 hours: classroom)
Lunch and tea-breaks will be provided during the course.
|Course Title:||CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire & HazMat Emergency in Industries - 3 Days- 30 CPD Points awarded -|
Click here to enlarge
Absentee Payroll Funding
SSG also funds your employee’s salary while he/she is undergoing training. You may apply for absentee payroll funding at the following rates via SkillsConnect:
Table 3: Absentee Payroll Funding
Singapore Citizens aged ≥ 35 years and earning ≤ $2,000/month3
SME and Non-SME
80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
80%of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
95% of hourly basic salary
- Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
- Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
- Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here. You may apply for the additional course fee funding via SkillsConnect.
For more information on Absentee Payroll Funding – click here.