WSQ Respond to Fire Emergency in Buildings (2 Day)
CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire Emergency in Buildings - 2 Days - 20 CPD Points awarded - 16 SDU Points awarded 180
To prepare CERT members with the knowledge and application skills to function as a member of an emergency response team in order to implement emergency response skills during an emergency incident in buildings.
- Legislations & regulations of fire safety and protection
- Overview of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Types of premises are affected and will be required to form CERT
- Causes of fire and potential fire hazard scenarios and Injury
- Different type of fire safety and protection systems
- Categories and purpose of Breathing Apparatus
- Components of Breathing Apparatus and usage of Breathing Apparatus
- Factors influencing consumption rate of Breathing Apparatus
- Breathing Apparatus components guidelines and entrapment procedures
- High rise fighting problems and fire fighting operations
- Fire safety common first aid equipment and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Rescue and evacuation techniques
- Fire fighting equipment
- Protocols of handing over incidents
Who Should Attend
CERT, Fire Safety Officers and staff who are the first to respond to fire emergencies in the Buildings.
Participant is required to fill-up a Self-Assessment Checklist and Fitness Declaration Form (see Form A below), if he/she intends to attend the 2-day or 3-day CERT course. This form must be submitted to COSEM 2 weeks before the course commencement date.
Please download the forms below:
For Company Sponsored
- Trainee must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- The Trainee must attend 100% of the course, complete the assessment with a competent result.
- Application from company for training grant must be submitted to SkillsConnect within 30 days from course commencement date.
- COSEM reserves the right to charge full course fee in the event that the trainee fails to achieve 75% attendance and pass the assessment, or when companies fail to submit funding application to SSG within stipulated time.
- More information for funding, please click here.
- Other terms and conditions stated on SSG website https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/termsandconditions
Self-sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above can also use their SkillsFuture Credit (S$500) from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course Reference Number in Skillsconnect:
Mode of Assessment
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Practical Performance
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to successful participants.
- No. of Training Days: 2 Days
- No. of hours: 16 hours (2 hours: Assessment, 14 hours: classroom)
|Course Title:||CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire Emergency in Buildings - 2 Days - 20 CPD Points awarded -|
Click here to enlarge
Absentee Payroll Funding
SSG also funds your employee’s salary while he/she is undergoing training. You may apply for absentee payroll funding at the following rates via SkillsConnect:
Table 3: Absentee Payroll Funding
Singapore Citizens aged ≥ 35 years and earning ≤ $2,000/month3
SME and Non-SME
80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
80%of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
95% of hourly basic salary
- Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
- Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
- Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here. You may apply for the additional course fee funding via SkillsConnect.
For more information on Absentee Payroll Funding – click here.