WSQ Respond to Fire Incident in Workplace (1 Day)
CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire Incident in Workplace - 1 Day - 10 CPD Points awarded -
To prepare CERT members with the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills and knowledge required to effectively respond to fire incident in workplace.
- Legislation & Regulations of Fire Safety and Protection (Comprehension)
- Overview of Emergency Response Plan (Comprehension)
- Overview of Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) (Knowledge)
- Potential fire hazard scenarios and injury (Comprehension)
- Fire Situation Assessment (Comprehension)
- Types and usage of Fire Protection System (Comprehension)
- Fire Extinguishing (Comprehension)
- Hand over the incident and provide Operational Assistance to the appropriate body (Application)
Who Should Attend
CERT, Fire Safety Officers and staff who are the first to respond to fire incidents in workplace.
The participant is required to fill-up a Self-Assessment Checklist and Fitness Declaration Form (see Form A below), if he/she intends to attend the 1-day, 2-day or 3-day CERT course. This form must be submitted to COSEM 2 weeks before the course commencement date.
Please download the forms below:
For Company Sponsored
- Trainee must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore.
- The Trainee must attend 100% of the course, complete the assessment with a competent result.
- Application from the company for training grant must be submitted to SkillsConnect within 30 days from the course commencement date.
- COSEM reserves the right to charge full course fee in the event that the trainee fails to achieve 75% attendance and pass the assessment, or when companies fail to submit funding application to SSG within the stipulated time.
- More information for funding, please click here.
- Other terms and conditions stated on SSG website https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/termsandconditions
Self-sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 and above can also use their SkillsFuture Credit (S$500) from the Government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Course Reference Number in Skillsconnect:
Mode of Assessment
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Practical Performance
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to successful participants.
- No. of Training Days: 1 Day
- No. of hours: 8.5 hours (1 hour: Assessment, 7.5 hours: classroom)
Lunch and tea-breaks will be provided during the course.
|Course Title:||CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire Incident in Workplace - 1 Day - 10 CPD Points awarded -|
Click here to enlarge
Absentee Payroll Funding
SSG also funds your employee’s salary while he/she is undergoing training. You may apply for absentee payroll funding at the following rates via SkillsConnect:
Table 3: Absentee Payroll Funding
Singapore Citizens aged ≥ 35 years and earning ≤ $2,000/month3
SME and Non-SME
80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
80%of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
95% of hourly basic salary
- Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
- Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
- Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here. You may apply for the additional course fee funding via SkillsConnect.
For more information on Absentee Payroll Funding – click here.