Training Courses & Programmes
Basic Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Training - OPITO Approved Standard (OPITO Standard Code: 9014)
To provide the delegates with the necessary knowledge, understanding of the hazards and properties of H2S and appropriate emergency response actions to be taken during an H2S related incident.
- Understanding the formation of H2S and its originate
- Different names used to describe H2S
- Physical properties and characteristics of H2S
- Occupational/workplace exposure limits (OEL/WEL)
- Effects of exposure to H2S
- Use of onsite & personal detection equipment
- Types of respiratory equipment such as escape breathing apparatus (EBA) & self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Role of Emergency Response Team during an H2S related incident
Who Should Attend
Personnel that are, or could be, working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
Practical and Written assessment will be evaluated against the learning outcome.
Validity of Certificate
The validity of the OPITO certificate is 2 years.
Training and/or assessment activities contained within this Standard may include physically demanding and potentially stressful elements. All delegates who participate in such activities must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Delegates are required to submit any of the following: • A valid, current offshore medical certificate or • An operator approved medical certificate, or • Undergo medical screening by completing an appropriate medical screening form provided below. Medical screening form for Basic H2S Training
|Venue||Cosem Training Centre
|Capacity||20 participants per class|
|Min No. Required||15 participants per class|
|Fee (Inc. 7% GST)||S$331.70 per participant|