Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Course - 5.5 weeks
- Duration: 5.5 weeks
- CPD Points:
The EMT course aims to equip the Emergency Medical Technician with relevant knowledge and skills for emergency situations. It focuses on the development of clinical skills that will increase their confidence and enable them to handle critical situations properly.
The syllabus incorporates knowledge and abilities that fulfill the standards of 5 WSQ modules in the Healthcare Support Skills Framework, namely WSQ Management of Pre Hospital Emergency Care (Level 2), WSQ Providing Ambulatory Care Service Support (Level 2), WSQ Respiratory Care in Nursing (Level 2), WSQ Mobility and Ambulation Assistance in Nursing (Level 2), and WSQ Infection Control (Level 2). It is also in accordance with requirements set by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for Emergency Ambulance Sevices(EAS).
The EMT course is targeted at learners who intend to seek a career switch, new entrants to the healthcare industry; and industry workers who seek certification. This course aims to satisfy the healthcare industry needs of skilled workforce in the pre-hospital care sector. It prepares learners to be Emergency Medical Technician or Ambulance Medic.
- 1 GCE ‘N’ Level Pass or Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4
- Valid BCLS and AED certification
This course is endorsed by the National Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Training Committee (NPTC) and the certificate is valid for 2 years.
Available Dates for 2023:
|12 June - 19 July||10 Jul - 16 Aug||25 Sep - 31 Oct||14 Nov - 22 Dec|
- Be Advised
- Mode Of Assessment
- Funding Information
- Other Information
- Breakfast, lunch and tea breaks will be provided
- Venue: COSEM Training Centre
37 Gul Avenue Singapore 629677
- Capacity per class: 20 participants
- Use terminologies of human anatomy and physiology and understand the basic physiological symptoms in human body
- State the purpose and perform Patient Assessment Model (PAM)
- Demonstrate proper emergency care as an EMT for traumatic emergencies, including treatment and spinal management
- Demonstrate proper emergency care as an EMT for medical emergencies, such as recognition and treatment
- Demonstrate proper methods in obtaining and monitoring vital signs
- Perform proper lifting and transferring techniques
- Demonstrate proper infection control techniques
- Practical Assessment
- Oral Questioning
- Theory Assessment
SSG funding is available for the 5 modules [(ie. WSQ Management of Pre Hospital Emergency Care (Level 2), WSQ Providing Ambulatory Care Service Support (Level 2)], WSQ Respiratory Care in Nursing (Level 2), WSQ Mobility and Ambulation Assistance in Nursing (Level 2), and WSQ Infection Control (Level 2)]. Only Singaporeans and PRs are eligible for the SSG funding.
- Successful candidates will attain 6 certificates, namely:
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – WSQ Management of Pre-hospital Emergency Care
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – WSQ Pre-hospital Patient Care Delivery
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) – WSQ Respiratory Care in Nursing
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) - WSQ Mobility and Ambulation Assistance in Nursing
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) - WSQ Infection Control
- Certificate of Completion – Emergency Medical Technician Course