CERT Training - WSQ Respond to Fire & HazMat Emergency in Industries - 3 Days
- Duration: 3 days
- CPD Points: 30
To prepare Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) members with the knowledge and skills to handle fire hazards (identify hazards and prevent fires from occurring) and mitigate outbreak of fire and HazMat incidents in the plant. The training includes practical training sessions and exercises.
30 CPD Points awarded
Available Dates in 2022:
CERT, Fire Safety Officers and other staff who are the first to respond to fire fighting and mitigation of hazardous materials emergenices in the industrial premises.
- Be Advised
- Mode Of Assessment
- Funding Information
- Other Information
The participant is required to fill-up a Self-Assessment Checklist and Fitness Declaration Form (see Form A below), if he/she intends to attend the 1-day, 2-day, 3-day CERT course or CERT Refresher. This form must be submitted to COSEM 2 weeks before the course commencement date.
Please download the forms below:
Lunch and tea breaks will be provided.
Capacity per class: 20 participants with a minimum number of 5 required to commence each class
- FM Regulations
- Emergency Response Plan (ERP) & CERT Audit Guidelines
- Fire Extinguisher (Theory & Practical)
- Fire Alarm & Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems
- Fire Hazards & Evacuation Procedures
- Rescue Technique (Theory & Practical)
- Introduction to Breathing Apparatus
- BA Wearer Procedure and Confidence Training (Practical Training)
- Introduction to Hose & Hose Laying Technique (Practical Training)
- Fire Fighting Exercise
- Hazard Identification & Information System
- Hazmat Operational Decontamination Procedures
- Hazmat Personal Protective Equipment (Practical Training)
- Hazmat Mitigation (Theory, Practical & Exercise)
Mode of Assessment
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Practical Performance
A Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded to successful participants.
No. of hours: 24 hours (3 hours: Assessment, 21 hours: classroom)
SSG grant is available for all Singaporeans and PRs only.
Training conducted at COSEM (Address: 37, Gul Avenue, Singapore 629677)