Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) & AED Training - 1 Day (Standard)
- Duration: 1 Day (Standard)
- CPD Points: ---
To ensure the competency of participants in performing basic cardiac life support and the use of AED.
Available dates in 2024:
First aiders, healthcare providers and rescuers who are required to perform basic cardiac life support and operate AED.
This course is accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) and is valid for 2 years.
Refresher participants are required to have a valid BCLS+AED certificate at the point of registration and during the course duration.
- Be Advised
- Mode Of Assessment
Venue: COSEM Training Centre (37 Gul Avenue, Singapore 629677)
Capacity per class: 20 participants with a minimum number of 4 required to commence each class
- Anatomy and function of the heart and lungs
- Risk factors for heart disease
- Other causes of sudden death
- Chain of survival
- The importance of early CPR
- Steps in adult CPR
- Steps in relieving choking in an adult
- Steps in infant CPR
- Steps in relieving choking in an infant
- The importance of early defibrillation
- Use of AED
- Preparation for use of AED
- Placement of defibrillation pads
- Steps in defibrillation
- Post-incident procedures
Theory Test (MCQ)